10 September, 2005

What's up with me

Well, here is what is going on.

Besides slowly moving into the apartment I have been paying rent on since July (but not living in), job hunting, and dealing with all of the normal every day things I need to do, I've been dealing with the reaccurance of my Mother's cancer, and getting her to and from Boston for all of the scans and doctor's appointments she needs. Between that, and not having a computer that really wanted to stay operational, time to spend thinking, writing and blogging has been few and far between.

However, I'm hoping once I have a refrigerator, and I get Debian Linux installed on my old clunker computer, I can start spending more time here just writing things out.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with two of blogs listed on "Blogs I Read". 'Mimi in New York' in particular amazes me. I don't always agree with every decision she makes, or her point of view, but she never fails to force me to look at things from a different perspective. I think she is an amazing writer. Her book is going to be a show stopper when it finally is done and published.

'Girl with a One Track Mind' turns everything on its head as far as what nutter like me with an ultra-conservative Mid-Western almost Bible-Belt-small-town-small-minds background tends to think about women and sex. She pulls no punches on herself, the men (and women) who become part of her exploits, and what she sees about others and sex.

Interesting that both of these women are British.

Anyway, this much neglected blog will probably be neglected further, but at some point it will be called back from the dead, or at least comatose, and put back into play. There is a lot I want to write about, and it is obvious I need the practice. So why not make use of it, eh?

In the mean time, go hit that "Next Blog" thingy up at the top right, and see what else comes up. Amazing what you find out there.

No comments: